IELTS Speaking Practice with a Teacher
Practice all parts of the speaking test with an online native British and American teacher
The teachers on this site have helped hundreds of students pass the speaking part of the IELTS test and they can easily help you too. The speaking part is one of the hardest parts for many people as often students do not have anyone to practice with and correct thier mistakes accurately.
Essentially it comes down to practice and having a native speaker show you your mistakes.
You want to be able to express yourself naturally, not like a robot!
During a lesson you will:
- Practice speaking on a wide range of topics, during this time your teacher will identify your mistakes and will give you essential advice. (Remember most of our teachers have taught and examined at the British Council so they know what they are talking about!)
- Work on your grammatical issues that are obstacles to getting a higher score. Grammatical accuracy is so important and this is one of greatest benefits of having IELTS speaking lessons.
- Learn advanced vocabulary and idiomatic language on every spoken subject. Higher level vocab will impress the examiner and you will learn to articulate yourself to a very high level and not robotically.
- Have everything about the speaking test explained to you. You can discover your weak points and do many mock simulated tests – get a real evaluation of your speaking and IELTS score after every practice test.
- Understand the IELTS speaking band descriptors, so you can see what exactly is required to pass at each band.
The teacher will focus on Part 2 and 3 of the speaking test but Part 1 is also covered. Each students speaking ability is different so some students might need to spend more time on grammar issues and others on pronunciation.
Definitely, a lot of students combine a 1 hour lesson with some writing practice (the teacher will mark your essays during the lesson and give you advice and tips), they can also help you with the reading and listening parts.
No, you just need a strong and stable Internet connection and have Skype or Whatsapp installed. The teacher will share their ID when they reply to your message.
The teacher will give you all the lesson materials to prepare you for IELTS speaking. The classes are given in a relaxed and friendly way and the teachers tailor all the lessons to your individual needs.
One of the graded aspects to get a higher score at speaking for IELTS is pronunciation.
Some of our teachers offer specific exercises and techniques such as ‘shadowing’ and stress and intonation exercises to help you identify and train yourself in accent reduction.
Having clear pronunciation can help you improve in other areas of the IELTS speaking exam such as coherence and fluency. As you progress you will also find your hesitancy will get less as you develop and practice.
Confidence in the IELTS speaking exam is the key!
The ability to be confident talking about a wide range of topics is what will give you the score you need. During the lesson your teacher will show you how to be natural and not mechanical when speaking, you will find any fear you may of had will become much less as the teacher shows you how build your confidence and tackle diverse topics with ease.
We aim to provide the highest standards
We always contact the teachers previous employers to check their references.
We think we have some of the best IELTS teachers on the Internet at a great price.